Events & Appearances: Executive Director & Staff
The following is a listing of appearances by Executive Director Adam Pertman and presentations by senior staff. To inquire about Institute staff availability for speaking engagements, call 212-925-4089 or email email@example.com.
|Appearances in 2012|
|Past Speeches & Presentations by Adam Pertman and Senior Staff|
- February 3 – Executive Director Adam Pertman will present "Keeping the Promise: Adoption in the 21st Century" to members of The My TreeHouse community in Dallas. For more information and to register, go to: http://bit.ly/yKsidI.
- March 8 – Pertman will give the opening address, on the subject of adoption on the internet, at the Seventh Annual Wells Conference on Adoption Law at Capital University Law School in Columbus, OH. For more information and to register go to: http://bit.ly/wJc7ic.
- March 9 – The Institute’s Research & Project Director, Dr. David Brodzinsky, will present "Lifelong Issues in Adoption" at a public seminar for the St. Louis Psychoanalytic Association. To learn more and to register, go to: http://www.stlpi.org/training/lecturesseminars/.
- March 11– Pertman will discuss "Adoption Through the Generations" in his keynote presentation at the 18th Annual Ametz Adoption and the Family Conference in New York at the Conference Center on 130 E. 59th Street. For more information and to register, go to: http://bit.ly/x1QzCU.
- March 30– The Institute, in collaboration with The Rudd Adoption Research Program at the University of Massachusetts, will host a conference on the UMass campus entitled "New Worlds of Adoption: Navigating the Teen Years." For more information and to RSVP, go to: http://bit.ly/zvT3eW.
- April 10 – David Brodzinsky, the Institute's Research & Project Director, will present "Preparing Youth for Aging Out of Foster Care," a half-day workshop for child welfare professionals sponsored by the San Mateo County Department of Children and Family Services, San Mateo, CA. For more information and to register, go to: http://bit.ly/HbtiRh.
- April 16 – The Adoption Institute and the Lesbian and Gay Center of New York will co-sponsor an evening event entitled "All Families Matter: A Conversation about Election Year Politics, LGBT Families and What's Good for Our Children." The featured speakers will be political strategist and CNN contributor, Hilary Rosen, and Institute Executive Director Adam Pertman. For more information, go to: http://bit.ly/GX52XH or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- April 27 & 28– At the 33rd Annual American Adoption Congress Conference, taking place in Denver, Pertman will participate in a workshop, "Scams and Scruples: What Should We Do About Unethical Adoptions?" on the 27th; then, on the 28th, he will join a legislative panel discussion, "Dismantling the Barriers to Identity Access." For more information and to register, go to: http://bit.ly/H5819Y.
- May 3 – David Brodzinsky, the Institute's Research & Project Director, will present two sessions, entitled "Preparing children for adoption" and "Critical issues in adoptive parent preparation," at the Statewide Adoption Conference, a half-day seminar for adoption professionals in Wisconsin Dells, WI. For more information and to register, go to: http://bit.ly/IgSWHI.
- May 12– Brodzinsky addresses "Attachment issues in dependency cases" in a symposium on Early Childhood Mental Health & Development entitled "Science Driving Practice in Juvenile Dependency Court." The symposium is sponsored by Advokids, UCLA and Children's Advocacy Institute, and it takes place at UCLA from 9 a.m. to 5:30 p.m. To learn more, go to: http://bit.ly/Ia0TdW.
- May 17 – Executive Director Adam Pertman will conduct a Webinar hosted by the Center for Adoption Support and Education, entitled "Untangling the Web: How the Internet is reshaping search, reunion and adoption itself." For more information and to register, go to: http://bit.ly/I7KB6D.
- June 28 – Susan Smith, the Institute's Program & Project Director, is presenting the keynote at a Massachusetts statewide summit on post-adoption services at the University of Massachusetts Memorial Medical Center in Worcester, MA.
- July 5 – David Brodzinsky, the Institute's Research & Project Director, is presenting the keynote address, "Adoption and the life cycle: Growing up as an adoptee," at an adoption conference in Madrid, Spain, that is sponsored by Comillas Pontifical University. For more information, go to: http://bit.ly/Ltt4sh.
- July 17– Pertman will be the keynote presenter for the Pennsylvania Statewide Adoption and Permanency program, SWAN; its mission is to find permanent homes for children in the child welfare system. The meeting is geared toward permanency workers and will take place in Lancaster, PA. For more information, go to: http://bit.ly/JfgzNw.
- July 27 & 28– Both Executive Director Adam Pertman and Susan Smith, the Institute’s Program & Project Director, are presenting at the NACAC conference in Crystal City, VA. On July 27, Pertman presents "Adoption IS a Diversity and Social Justice Issue," and on July 28, Smith is co-presenting a workshop entitled "Enabling Adoptive Families to Succeed: How Do We Advance the Field of Post-Adoption Services?" For more information, go to: http://bit.ly/meaqhY.
- August 9– At the Nebraska Adoption Conference, Pertman will give a keynote address entitled "Adoption in America: A Revolution in the Family" and will conduct a workshop, “Rethinking Adoption in the 21st Century.” The conference will be held Aug. 9 and 10 in Lincoln, NE. For more information and to register, go to: http://bit.ly/Q3Mc1v.
- Septemeber 22– Dr. Jeanne Howard and Susan Smith will teach a one-day course, "Central Elements of Preserving Placements," in Portland State University's Advanced Training in Therapy with Adoptive and Foster Families program. The course is in Portland, OR from 8:30am – 5pm and offers 7 CEUs. It is open to those attending through distance learning. For more information and to register, go to: http://bit.ly/MD9UzJ.
- October 12 – Executive Director Adam Pertman will be the keynote speaker at EDGY, a one-day conference that focuses on best practices for professionals that work with GLBTQ youth and families. He will also present "A Revolution in the Family: Adoption in the GLBTQ Community" during a breakout session. For more information and to register, go to: http://bit.ly/PFHLLp.
- October 18 – Pertman will give a plenary presentation for the American Academy of Adoption Attorneys at its conference entitled "The Future of Adoption in America." The two-day event will be held in Salt Lake City, Utah. For more information, go to: http://bit.ly/ST6x9m.
- November 9 – Pertman will present "Rethinking Adoption in the 21st Century" during his keynote address at Adopt Salon’s Conference in Los Angeles, CA. To learn more and to register for the conference, go to: http://bit.ly/OpQfZB.
- November 17 – Research & Project Director David Brodzinsky will conduct a presentation for C.A.S.E. on “The Inner World of Adopted Children: Implications for Adoption Communication” in Chevy Chase, MD. For more information and to register, go to: www.adoptionsupport.org.
- December 2 – Executive Director Pertman will present "Untangling the Web: How the Internet has Transformed Adoption … and Our Lives" during a breakfast program hosted by JCFS and held at Beth Hillel Congregation Bnai Emunah in Wilmette, IL. For more information and to register, go to: http://bit.ly/V8zBA2.